Skip to content

Practice Areas

Fiance Visa

The first step in filing for a fiancee visa, also known as a K-1 visa, is for the American citizen to file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of their alien fiancé/fiancee. After this petition is approved, the fiancé/fiancee is scheduled for an interview at the embassy or consulate of his/her country of birth to receive the visa.

Once the fiancé/fiancee has entered the U.S., they must marry within 90 days.

The newly married couple should then file for Adjustment of Status to allow the alien spouse to obtain lawful permanent residency in the United States.